This was a music video for Zola Blood. I worked with Matteo Mastrandrea and Jo Dejardin on the creative aspect of it.
I created a system to control 12,000 individually addressable LEDs from Ableton. This involved:
- Writing a simulation in C++ with Cinder
- Creating 4 Max for Live instruments to use in Ableton
- A renderer in Go, to create and blend the LED data
- Various Python tools to test and prototype
- 3 PCBs to transmit data in a robust way from a Beaglebone to the LED rods
I used LEDscape to send the data to the LEDs but created but sent the single ended data over RS485 so make things more robust.