Star Holden, Charlie Hope and I created a new system for Studio Swine’s Bubble tree (formally known as New Spring).
My role in the project was making the control electronics and software to run be able to run and maintain installation. This involved:
- Creating fead, a bi-directional serial protocol and Arduino library for devices to talk to each other on an RS485 network. The client library is written in Typescript.
- Writing Arduino code for each pod to detect burst bubbles, create them again and control the fan and actuators.
- Designing and building a robust a
fead Switcherto turn on the various pumps and pods.
- Designing and building the
fead Conductor; a Raspberry Pi with a hat for isolated
- A Vue.js front end that communicates with the control via websockets.